Friday, October 12, 2007

I love developments

I can't even believe how much things are growing and developing. Here's the bullet list:

-- We had a meeting last night with an established photography couple last night. They mostly shoot weddings and are going to hire us on as associates. We'll get to shadow them for a few events, learn a lot, and then start shooting as a team. And we get to use our images for our own stuff and even put the work up on our blog. SO COOL! I think it's going to give us some great experience. And did I mention that they'll be paying us too?

-- I just got off the phone with Write Around Portland, a local non-profit that we're going to do some pro-bono work for. They're having their big benefit coming up at the NW Art Center and shooting that should be a lot of fun, and give us some great exposure too, especially since we'll be getting credit for the images on their website. We're also working on more stuff for Gus' old school. I love that we now have a way to give back to the community in such a fulfilling way.

-- We are going to the Bay area for Thanksgiving, and we're going to be doing a few shoots while we're there. A friend of mine grew up in the east bay and she's been emailing all of her old connections to see if they want to do a shoot with us. And two have already responded. How cool is that? We might do a shoot with some family friends as well, and possibly one for Gus' dad's in-laws. We're also working on photography weekends to Boise and Seattle. And if you live in Utah and are interested in pics, stay tuned. We're probably coming sometime in late April/early May.

-- Oh, and we're actually getting clients too. We have a family shoot next Thursday, and another that we're trying to find a time for, and a couple of others in the works.

When I was talking to the events coordinator at WAP, she said, "I think it's so cool that you guys just took the leap and are doing this." And I said, "I'm normally someone that mulls things and takes a long time to make a decision. The fact that both of us moved forward with this, with almost no hesitation, tells me how much it was meant to be." And I really think that it is. This is going way to well to not have some purpose behind it.

No comments: