Monday, September 24, 2007

Back in the game

I can't believe that I forgot to buy books. I mean, really, what was I thinking by not checking to see if my classes had required reading? The situation isn't affected very drastically by my procrastination: one of my classes is using a book compiled by the prof, so that couldn't have been purchased anywhere else, and one hasn't listed the books yet so I couldn't have gotten them in advance anyway. For the one class that did have a "normal" textbook, I'm going to check Amazon and Half and see if I can get it any cheaper. I'm going to make double sure, though, that I can get it before my window to return it closes. No more debacles like last semester.

It was fun to be on campus this morning, though, with all of the new year buzz, even if I was toting a toddler. I can't wait to go to class tonight! I'm taking a University Studies course called The Work of Art. I'm quite excited to take something outside of the social science disciplines. But I'm also very excited about my two other classes: Child Psychology and Principles of Behavioral Analysis. It's going to be a lot of work and a lot of juggling (we have another shoot this weekend and then a dinner meeting on Saturday as well, to talk about collaboration with another artist), but I feel really energized about it all. There are so many cool things that I have to get my hands and head into. Here goes nothing, right?

No comments: